Friday, May 7, 2010

My Guiltiest Pleasure...

Ok. So I might watch one of the worst shows in the world. Yeah that's right. The Hills. I think I enjoy watching it because it reminds me of how normal and pleasant my life is compared to these hooligans. I got to say my favorite characters on the show are Spencer and Heidi. Not because they represent anything good or decent but simply because they are so entertaining. I believe in the latest episode Heidi actually said she wants to get "H" cups. Yeah. You heard me right. You may be asking yourself why. Well, because "H" stands for Heidi. Duh. Of course.

Luckily for us, Spencer is now completely off his rocker. He's always been a total tool but now he's actually crazy. He's either doing some serious drugs or some form of Hatha yoga. His style has turned from douche-bag clubbin' scenester to crazed hippie. It's a spectacular transformation. Mind boggling, indeed.

Another fun fact about the latest Hills gossip. Audrina is successfully dating a bigger tool than Spencer. None else than Ryan Cabrera. I don't know what's worse, his flat-ironed hair or his deplorable music. Nonetheless, serves for great entertainment.

Here is a picture of my faves. Spencer just being his awesome self...intensified by some form of hallucinogen. And Heidi in her newly-plastic robotic self.



Here is Ryan Cabrera in all his awesomeness. He's just asking to get beat up. Two words: flat-iron.



Another horrible confession. I actually like Gossip Girl. It's like Cruel Intentions meets the O.C. Except it's in New York. Great show. The best part is I actually despise the elite "Ivy Leaguers" even more after watching this show.



I actually don't fill my day with complete garbage. I've been reading a wonderful book. I'm 70 pages into it and loving my life. If you haven't read this yet, I highly recommend it. Have a fun-filled weekend. Peace.

10 comments:

Char said...

I too like watching the show "The Hills" simply because it's entertaining. Nothing I would ever wish for myself (that lifestyle). I agree, Spencer is crazy! Great post!

Krista said...

oh my gosh..i am so happy. i seriously keep asking people here if they watch the hills...and no one does. so funny! loved when brody was makin fun of cabrera...and what about the friend telling spencer the crystals aren't working and spence is all "I KNOW they're not working! that's why i have a MILLION F-IN crystals on!!!" or something like that. please be my HILLS BFF

Ashley Blackburn said...

Um Krista yes. I would love to be your Hills BFF. I'm happy someone normal is also watching the show :).

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Lol. This is funny! The Hills is definitely my guiltiest pleasure.. Danny says that he hates the show but can't seem to stop watching it with me.. It's addicting.

laura said...

for a mother's day gift, cort put the hills on this morning. he knows it is my secret/guilty pleasure as well. this season is amazing. i have no words for heidi and spencer. i'm usually watching with my jaw dropped at everything they do/say. let's watch it together when i come in town...

p.s. what is going on with ryan cabrera's shirt in the picture you posted? classic.

Kristen M said...

I really can't believe how crazy Spencer and Heidi are. I keep thinking it must be a joke but then I think to myself that "no, they are for real." Love my tuesday nights.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Oh Ashley, I can always count on you to make me feel okay about watching the shows I do! I swear I try to stop watching these time wasters, but they are addicting (like plastic surgery for Heidi) I was addicted to Gossip Girl, until my DVR broke down on me, and I lost all my recorded shows... but dont worry, Im sure I will be able to get caught up by the next episode, its kind of like soap opera's (you can go a year without watching one episode, then take a week and you are completely caught up! haha... But on a more grown up note- I read the Road last summer, and really enjoyed it. Let me know what you think when you finish. Have you seen the movie yet?

chelsea b james said...

i have to admit on all of your points... audrina, audrina, what are you thinking? spencer and his healing crystals. really? I read in a smut magazine that speidi spent more than 500 gs on crystals. what hooligans. they have definitely escalated to crazy status.

Amy said...

I can't even begin to react to that picture of Spencer yelling...(!)..

Oh and "The Road" is probably one of my favorite books I've read. The movie is pretty good too--you should watch it and do a review :)

whit said...

thank you for this post and for reminding me that i'm not alone watching this show. it's so bad yet so good.