Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The simple joys of teaching teenagers (part 2)


Because my brother is worried I am going to get fired from my job due to my last post I decided to redeem my negativity with a new positive post.

Today was a great day in teaching (actually, it really was). Sophomores, despite their flaws are hilarious. I was actually almost crying (from tears of laughter) today in class because of a funny comment a student said. So today I am happy to say I enjoy my job, both with the good and the bad. Why am I a teacher? Because students can be very endearing and fun to teach.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Yea! I am glad you have a blog. I bet you are a great teacher. But man I sure would hate to teach Highschoolers, don't you remember we were little shits. Going to kamas this weekend to see Colby and Mandy, hopefully you are there.

Laura N. said...

This post doesn't sound like you at all :) There is no way you could be fired from your job from a posting on your blog.

* said...

When Laura can tell you why your original post could not be considered a tort, only then should you take her legal advice.

Laura N. said...

Since I'm no legal expert, I can't give legal advice - I just doubt anyone from your school is going to be reading your blog. That's all.

mk said...

oh miss engar, what i would do to sit in and observe one of your classes.

the other day i got mistaken for 14, so maybe next time i'm in utah i will disguise myself as a transfer student

anna said...

This is my summarization of high school students, two words: TEEN ANGST.

Grandma Kristie said...

Hi Ash. Just checking to see if my blog worked.

laura said...

time for a new post, ms. engar....

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash! I am so excited you have a blog! I just started one myself. It has been way to long sence I have see ya! I can't believe you are teaching high school, it dosen't seem like that long ago we were there! And yes Julie's right, we were little shits.Sounds like life is going good for ya. Good luck with those high schoolers!

SamYam said...

Hey you too Ms. Engar! I never knew.